Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Children!

Big sister holding her little brother.
Just an angelic moment in the leaves!
Anthony and Skyanna back in Washington, 1 and 3 years of age.
One of my favorites of Adam and Anthony, he's tying his shoe.
Seriously! Benjamin or Anthony? (It's Anthony!)


Skyanna Lynn Bauthues 05/19/06 Benjamin Adam Bauthues 10/11/09
As the year of 2011 comes to a close, I was reflecting on how blessed I am! I've been privileged to raise three precious babies, one still in diapers! I know they are not really mine; they belong to the Lord. On days when it is hard to see past the spilled milk and dirty laundry, I remember that He has given me the very important job of raising them to their full capabilities. God never expects us to carry our struggles alone. Adam and I have both come to believe that he has equipped us with the tools we need to raise these specific children. Having a child with Asperger's causes you to re-evaluate how you speak, discipline, plan for the future, plan for Holidays, everything! I think the goal with every family is to find what makes you thrive, and not worry about conforming to what you think you should be.
Everyone has a hope, and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." It's so comforting to know that God has a plan for every one's life! Through the day to day strife, the aching pain and heart wrenching sorrow, it is all in God's hands. My prayer is that I would be able to see His plan through my own busyness, and when I can't see or feel His plan, simply trust His promises.
This next month Adam and I will be getting a new camera, but for the time being, here on some classic pictures that I treasure! I will get some new updated pictures on here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment