Thursday, February 10, 2011

A job for little'ol'me!

Well it seems the sun's shining on Helena today, I got the job at our church library and bookstore! What an amazing experience this will be, I'm in a whole new arena of work that I've never experienced!
My wonderful supervisor, Kattie, assured me that there would be no tackling shop lifters, no customers spitting in your face, no homeless people peeing in the aisles, and no beer cans hidden in the bathroom stalls! I can't believe my luck and good fortune! Upon times slowness in our little store, I am required to pick up a book, and learn about it. There are so many wonderful books that people may have questions about, and it's up to me to try and read them all! Oooh, the pressure and excitement, and it's such a lovely little store!
On the one side we have the bookstore, with many glorious Christian/Spiritual reads, as well as a selection of toys and other fun merchandise. On the other side we have the check out section, with books and DVD's, and music. I get to work in both sides of the store, and can't wait to increase my product knowledge.
There is no need for a "Service 6" call at this job, and no need to fear that used needles and syringes are hidden behind merchandise. This may be the first job I've had in over 10 years that I'm not having to make weekly calls to dispatch....and not constantly clearing checks to see if the account is real or fake. People come to the bookstore because they want to be there, not because they have to. There will be no pan-handlers to chase off, and no confiscating fake Id's. It's a happy little store, with a wonderful view of the church playground, where children frolic and sing.
Perhaps in the future I'll return to my crime stopping ways, but for now, I am allowed a peaceful job in a beautiful setting. Glorious days are ahead, full of birds chirping and and flowers singing, and I can't wait to buy some new clothes that will help me shine in my new job. Did I mention there's no chance of raw meat juices dripping on your clothes, or crates of milk falling and spoiling your outfit?
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment