Thursday, February 18, 2010

I waited on the Lord...

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." (Psalm 40:1-2).
OH my goodness, I'd love to say that all of this verse applies to my week, but I really feel that I lost the battle with the "waited patiently" part! It's ironic that this week I began Beth Moore's book, "Get out of that Pit" and it's touching home within my heart...and then..on Sunday, our SMBS teacher gave a talk on satans work in the church, I guess I should have been expecting a blow out of some sorts this week!
God's been leading me in a firm direction closer to his plan for me, and I must say, my path has been quite smooth, until the bumps hit!
First, I was plagued with dreams and thoughts that were not from above, but this worked out okay, because I have a little blessing who wakes me at 5:30am, and during this time I studied and prayed with my Lord.
But due to stressed and insecurities during the week, I somehow backed myself up into a corner, and found myself tearing at my hair to get out!
Skyanna has had numerous tests done this week, we are trying to figure out some urine difficulties we have been having with her. Thank goodness, they tested for Diabetes Insipidus, (through much pain on Sissy's part) and it came back negative! Her glucose is still low, and her energy level up and down, but I have a peace in my heart now. But I will tell you, waiting for those results brought out every sinful thing inside of me, and I struggled through the day on my own strength, which of course, did not work! How do you place your child in God's hands? I thought I had..but when it came down to crunch time, I was still relying on my own strength.
I am also reminded how very lucky we are, as this week has been extremely difficult for many of my dear friends who are struggling with illnesses of their own, or their children. While I was freaking out over the results of a diabetes test, some dear friends were waiting for much more serious results, life changing results, and doing it with a peace that can only be from above! Isolation has been my downfall and crutch this week, as due to unexpected appointments I have missed my weekly mother outings, including an awesome speaker I've been dying to hear!
Today is a relaxed day, (so far!) with plans to take a walk if it warms up, and take Skyanna to speech later in the afternoon. Maybe I'll visit with some girlfriends down the road, that's MY plan anyways..we'll see which direction God has planned for my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment